What You'll Need
2 cups Hayden Flour Mills All Purpose Flour 2 teaspoon baking powder 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon salt 1 3/4 cup sugar 1 cup vegetable oil 4 large eggs 1 cup Hayden Flour Mills White Sonora Germ & Bran Blend 2 cups grated carrots
Cream Cheese Glaze
4 oz cream cheese, softened 1/4 cup (half a stick) of unsalted butter, softened 1 cup powdered sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with a handheld mixer, whisk the sugar, oil and eggs.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients until just incorporated, then stir in the germ & bran blend and carrots.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, making sure not to overbake.
- Allow to cool completely before spreading with the cream cheese glaze.
- While the muffins cool, make the glaze. Combine all ingredients in a mixer with a whisk attachment; whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Once the muffins are cool, glaze each muffin with Cream Cheese Glaze.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes about 18 muffins