What You'll Need
2 1/2 cups (300 grams) All Purpose Flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt plus extra for topping
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter
Zest from large grapefruit
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Zest the grapefruit and add 1 tablespoon to the white sugar.
- With your fingers, rub the two together until fully combined (the coarse sugar helps release the oil from the zest).
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and the white sugar/zest blend until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon sized balls of dough and place on cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Blend the extra salt and remaining grapefruit zest. Set aside.
- Pull cookie dough balls out of the freezer and sprinkle with salt/zest mixture.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Cool on rack and enjoy!