What You'll Need
1-1/2 cups (240 g) Hayden Flour Mills Artisan Bread Flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup (170 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup (110 g) brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 tablespoons honey
turnbinado or raw sugar, for sprinkling
- Combine the flour and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, salt and honey in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix until completely incorporated. Add the cinnamon flour and mix until a dough starts to form.
- Turn out dough onto a work surface and gently press it into a ball, being careful not to overwork it.
- Flatten it into a disc, then wrap in airtight wrap and rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness, then cut in 3x2-inch rectangles (or any shape you like!).
- Transfer the cookies to the prepared sheets and prick the surface with a fork, then sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until dry in appearance and deliciously fragrant.
- Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
This recipe has been reprinted with permission from The Miller's Daughter by Emma Zimmerman (Hardie Grant North America).
Makes about 24.